Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Eye opener... I replaced we?our with I/my from the Sunday handout.

Wonder what would happen if I treated the Book on Mormon like I treated my cell phone?

What if I carried it around in my purse or pocket?
What if I turned back to get it if I forgot it?
What if I flipped through it several times a day?
What if I spent an hour or more using it every day?
What if I used it to receive messages from the text?
What if I treated it like I couldn't live without it?
What if I gave it to kids as a gift?
What if I used it as I traveled?
What if I used it in case of emergency?

Unlike my cell phones:
One plan fits all.
Unlimited usage.
No roaming charges.
I always have reception.
I don't have to buy batteries or recharge it.
No weak signals AND...
I don't ever have to worry about my Book of Mormon being disconnected, because...My Savior has already paid the bill!

3 comments:

Sister Brynn Nichols said...

May,
I love that! It is so, so true! I made a deal with myself last week to not eat lunch until I have read my scriptures. Since food is a priority, I haven't missed a day yet. What a difference it has made in me and our whole family. I would recommend it to anyone who has a contention problem in their home like we did.
Thanks for posting that!
Cyndee

Granny J said...

Great thought! Mind if I use that on our ward RS blog?

Bytheway...I'm blog lurking today and that's how I found you. Hope all is well with our fam.
Lacie Jensen

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

Way to go Cyndee, that's the only way I can bribe myself. food.
Hey Maybell where's the post on the farewell?
Is it on its way? Sorry we couldn't be there, we only go to dialysis and back now days...