Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Dad Like Mine

If you have a dad like mine
You would think back when his hair wasn't so gray,
And try to remember the things he used to say.
If you have a dad like mine
You would reminisce about all the family vacation fun,
And the Alaskan drive that was a most adventurous one.
If you have a dad like mine
You would see broken things get fixed,
Without him being sure what did the trick.
If you have a dad like mine
You would watch him treat his spouse,
Like you want to be treated at your house.
If you have a dad like mine
When a priesthood blessing is what you need,
He is ready, willing, and worthy to do that special deed.
If you have a dad like mine
You would be glad to be a branch on the tree
Of his awesome family.
I hope you are lucky enough to have a dad like mine
Because your life would be real fine,
To have a dad like mine.
As you can see I'm proud to have a dad like mine
There is so much more I could say:
But, Dad, just know I love you in so many ways.
Love,
Mayann
Written Sept 07

I know 6 siblings, 7 inlaws, 26 grandkids, 2 grandkid inlaws and 1 great grand baby
that are lucky (blessed) to have a dad JUST like mine!

2 comments:

randa_joy said...

yep. we're pretty lucky.

love_b said...

we are very lucky to have papa!