Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Trek

Monday Alex, Denver, and others spent the better or worse (113*) part of the day and most of the evening loading handcarts, dutch ovens, tables, and etc. When Alex got home I was the bearer of bad news with "I think something is wrong with the AC.?!" Yes the fan had gone out due to the extreme heat of the day.

Tuesday Alex's Dad and I rode with him up to Forest Lakes to deliver the handcarts. When we got to "Base Camp" we found a few people, tons of food and a lot of equipment (canopys, huge generator, freezer, refrigerator, bread proofer, camp trailers, and ect.) These were all donated by the generosity of those in our two stakes. I was told that there were many miracles big and small that made this trek possible.
Wednesday after about 2 hours of sleep we took Shan to the church at 4 a.m.


Doesn't she just make the prettiest pioneer?


This is what she could take~pad, sleeping bag, coat, pillow, and a bag of clothes and other items.
Elissa, Ashley, Heather, Karly, Shan, and Amanda.


Our ward trekkers and their fearless leaders.

3 comments:

Elder Davis said...

Hey Mayann welcome to the blogging world. Watch out it's addictive. Good job on all your posts, you're going to be an awesome blogger and hard to keep up with, I know.

Cathy said...

LOVE the pics! I can't wait for my kids to experience the trek. Shantae is the cutest little pioneer. Did she make her dress and apron? I look forward to hearing all the stories and about all the fun they had when they return home.

love_b said...

Thank you so much for that adorable towel for little miss Bella! It's so cute!! She doesn't fit in the little towels anymore so it's perfect! Thanks again!!