Saturday, June 7, 2008

WeGoToGiRlsCamp


*
2
0
0
8
*
Castlegate Ward Girls Camp
The Carroll Family Cabin
Strawberry, AZ
Tues, June 3rd...Shantae (YCL) and I (camp cook) went up to Strawberry with the 4th year girls. They went horseback riding and I took a long nap since I had stayed up until about 2 in the morning to finish getting ready!! Real smart~~I know.
Wed, Raenell arrived and Shantae welcomed her with a flower headband. We had skit night, the group got a bag with a variety of items then we had a "beauty pageant".
Thurs, we had a "Iron Rod" walk. Blindfolded and silent they had to walk up a hill, through the forest, holding on to a rope with the leaders taunting them to let go or encouraging them to hang on. Molly (Camp Director) had set up a slide show and then women from different time periods (Bible times up to a recent convert~Sarah Merkley) told their stories. We borrowed old costumes from the Easter Pageant. It was really neat.
Fri, was the hike and Bishop's night. I love it when the girls bear their testimonies and have had something during the week that touched or changed them. That makes it all worth it!!
One of the hightlights was "Grandma" Carroll (cabin owner) gave us a notebook to use during scripture study. She said that every day we need to Drop Everything And Read (D.E.A.R). Each day she came for DEAR time and gave another idea for studying, writing, or reading scriptures. She was awesome:)
Of course we had GOOD FOOD... french toast, (and yes my homemade syrup was a hit) salad bar, tinfoil dinners, s'mores, pancakes, potato bar, eggs, toast, and bacon cooked on a buddy bunner, navajo tacos, donuts, hootanany..YUM YUM
They did cute crafts, a big service project (raked around the perimeter of the cabin), alone time, and more...
Oh yeah, the laugh of the week happened later Friday night when the girls decided to play the woopie cushion trick on Bro. Rimmasch... See video on Tiffany M's Blog. (begins w/ empty couch)
The girls gave me an award for Best Mother Figure...I guess they do miss their moms just a little when they go to camp!

No comments: